Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tick-tock...


Morning, world! Anybody interested in trading lives?

My mornings are odds-on not my favourite time of day. For one thing, I'm actually starting to enjoy my sleep. The thought of having to interrupt it (save for family or any other kind of crisis) is starting to wear on me.

Take last Saturday for instance (yes, the rainy one.) According to my analysis, the sky seemed to open up and drop about fifty thousand gallons on the Earth all at once. Actually very favourable sleep weather. And I almost indulged. Almost...

You see, like most of you, I work. Unlike most of you, I work for my dad. And like even fewer of you, my workplace and my house exist in the same compound.

Now, given these circumstances, you'd think I could get a bit of a lie-in. I mean, I'm on constant call, work hours beyond the realms of ethics or rationality. And I'm in two different departments, so fatigue is to be expected.

But nooooo... I have to be up as early as four (or I will sleep in), in the office before six (Like I'm going anywhere else. People, my bed and my desk are less than a hundred paces apart... fifty, if I stride! I mean, what the hell?!) And as everybody's on a final written warning, one slip-up is out of a job! (Not too bad a deal. The boss does have a thing for being irrational and irascible.)

I mean, sure, I'm meant to be a supervisor of one department (now both of them for a month... ugh) and set an example, but the (AHEM!) boss gets to stroll in anytime he wants! The hell?! What happened to the "leadership by example" speech I was steamrollered by? Great example, Chief!

In all fairness, people had been really lax with time management (Coming when they like, leaving as soon as 1800H rolled around. TUC workers, my mom called them...) but seriously. I can't exactly quit for social stigma. Not that I care about that much... Either way, It's not like my resignation would be accepted. My older sister "resigned" over a year and a half ago... and she's still here...

Basically, I need a long, long, LOOOOONG... vacation. Somewhere where the world can't and won't find me. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry hun, Can't help you :P What I can say is, if you DO quit, MOVE OUT!!! It's the only way to get away from it all rofl.

    Either you find a way of getting your dad to see things your way, or you suck it up and bear it like a man lol.

    (hug) you're going to need this. All the best suga ;)

    PS. I think you're so lucky (just a wee bit) to not have to drive to work. You have no idea how much I spend on gas and lunch!

    ReplyDelete